sábado, 2 de mayo de 2009


What do women want? There’s no single and right answer for that, since women are pretty complicated and unique.
What I can say is that the book proves that in the 21st century we still want sort of the same things women used to want before.
In “The Wife of Bath”, power over people was, according to Chaucer, the aim for women. If my interpretation is correct, I believe he is wrong. Personally, I don’t need to have power over people, but to have power over my own decisions.
Actually, what I desire goes beyond power… I want to love and to be loved in return, sincerely and deeply. Basically, a man who is committed and willing to make a life together, in the good and in the bad times with me.

What’s more, the woman in the story also needs sexual satisfaction, because that was, repressed for women in those times. But I’m sure that if she lived here and now, she wouldn’t feel that is THE most important thing in a relationship.

No hay comentarios: